Towel Production And Towels According To Intended Use
The towel production consists mainly of yarn, weaving, finishing and ready-made clothing.
The most preferred yarns in towel production are: 100% cotton yarns, because of their high hydrophilicity, high wet strength, good dyeability, high colour fastness, washability, soft attitude, anti-allergicity.
In addition to cotton, bamboo, microcotton, lowtwist, combed, modal, viscose, lyocell, soya, maize, algae and linen with a small proportion can also be used in towel production.Warp yarns can be produced by special processes as they can be formed with yarn, carding ring and open spinning systems.
16/1 Towel: It is made of knitting yarn number 16. It is fuller and smoother than the two-layer yarn in handle and appearance. The pile length is higher. The absorbency is faster. For these reasons it is more preferred.
20/2 Towel: It is made of double-layer yarn number 20. Has in contrast to 16/1 towels a shorter floss. This type of cloth is used when jacquard production is required. It is tougher than the 16/1 towels.
Towels according to design areas; terry, waffles, velour, embroidered, hotel & spa & baby towels.
Woven Towels; Dobby and Jacquard towels.
Towels by Colour Type:
- Yarn-dyed towels: are towels made with dyed yarns (yarns in different colours). Jacquard production is also available on request. It is normally made for use in spas and beaches.
- Coloured towels: they are monochrome towels. After the towel has been made, it is dyed in one colour.
- Indanhtren colour: This dyeing technique is used to increase the colour fastness when dyeing cotton products. The colours of the products produced with this production method have a much longer shelf life.
- Reactive dye: A technique for dyeing cotton products. The colour life is shorter compared to indanhtren dyeing.
Towels by use: towels, face towels, bath towels, kitchen towels, bath sets, beach towels, other accessories.
Towel dimensions according to area of application:
- Shaving towel 30×30
- Bath, head and handtowel 50×90
- Bath towel 70×140
- 90 x 150 beach towel
- 50 x 70 foot towel
- 30 x 50 Kitchen towel
- 40 x 70 Kitchen towel
Towels by weight:
- Light towels 250-349 g / m2
- Medium towels 350-449 g / m2
- heavy towels 450-549 g / m2
- Very heavy towels from 550 g / m2 and more
Factors influencing towel quality:
- Water holding property of towel fabric
- How many wefts the towel is made of
- Properties of floss, ground and weft yarns forming the terry fabric
- Floss height of towel
- Floss strength (durability).