STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is a worldwide unique and independent inspection and certification system for textile raw, intermediate and end products in all processing stages and accessory materials used. Examples of certifiable products: raw and dyed / finished yarns, woven and knitted fabrics, buttons, zippers, accessories such as sewing thread or labels, different types of apparel (all types of clothing, home textiles, sheets and pillowcases, towels and more. ).
Since its establishment in 1992, the main claim of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® system has been the development of inspection criteria, limit values and test methods on a scientific basis. STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, thanks to the comprehensive and strict impression catalog containing several hundred individual substances regulated:
– Banned azo dye, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc. important legal regulations such as.
– Chemicals harmful to health, not yet legally regulated.
– XVII of the ECHA SHVC candidate list and REACh European Chemical Substance regulations related to fabrics, textiles, apparel or accessories. and XIV. The requirements of the annexes are evaluated by the experts of the OEKO-TEX® Association. As a result of these evaluations, innovations and discussions on the topic are taken into account in STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® updates as quickly and effectively as possible.
– Lead-related requirements under the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Laws (CPSIA)
– Numerous classes of substances also related to the environment
Thanks to its decades of experience, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® brings high and effective product safety for the consumer. Audit criteria and limit values often go beyond nationally and internationally accepted standards. Comprehensive product inspections and regular company inspections also ensure a worldwide sustainable sensitivity to the responsible handling of chemicals. Thanks to this concept, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® has played a leading role for many years.
Laboratory Tests and Product Classes
OEKO-TEX® harmful substance controls are mainly made according to the intended use of textiles and materials. The more intense the contact of the product with the skin and the more sensitive the skin, the more strictly human ecological requirements must be followed.
Accordingly, there are four different product classes:
– Product class I:
Products for babies and children up to the age of 3 (underwear, overalls, clothing, sheets and pillowcases, towels, etc.)
– Product class II:
Products used close to the skin (underwear, bed sheets and pillowcases, T-shirts, socks, etc.)
– Product class III:
Products used away from the skin (jackets, coats, etc.)
Product class IV:
Upholstery materials (curtains, tablecloths, furniture upholstery, etc.)
Prerequisite for the certification of products in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, besides the outer fabric, also sewing thread, supports, prints, etc. with button, zipper, rivet, etc. All parts of the product, including non-textile accessories such as, meet the required criteria.
Other prerequisites; Operational and quality assurance measures and legally binding declarations of obligation and compliance by the buyer
As the Hotexhome family, our value to the environment, our ecological suitability, our reliability and sustainability have been certified with the OEKO-TEX 100 Certificate.